Blastomycosis, or "blasto" for short, is a fungal disease found in humans, dogs, and other mammals - occasionally cats. It is commonly misdiagnosed, often as cancer, Valley fever, Lyme disease, and other viral infections.
I have put together this site in memory of my Golden Retriever, who is believed to have died from Blastomycosis. I am collecting all the information I can find about this fungal disease.
I hope that over time you can submit your information and stories to make this a major blastomycosis resource center for anyone who maybe recently diagnosed, or who is suffering from its effects.
The message board here is quite active. Please use feel free to use the message board to share your stories, photos, memories of blastomycosis victims.
Latest Posts on the Message Board
- My 3 yr old Doberman Stella just diagnosed with Blasto
- My dog is struggling to survive Blastomycosis
- Sudden swollen front leg joint -- to worry or not
- Loulou Dachshund diagnosed September 7,2016
- Another success story and extra meds
- Wilbur's Story. He's hanging in there 5 weeks after treatment.
- Bear, male dog - Toronto & Georgian Bay, Canada - 2016 - Did not survive
- Surf, dog, Golden Retriever, Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada
- Add your case studies here
- What to use to help with dry itchy skin for my dog
- Needing helpful thoughts or advice!!
- My Nightmare
- Theme trouble
- Supportive Care?
- My friends gone this year plus Jakie
- 2nd diagnosis of Blasto
- Anorexia Questions
- Newly diagnosed dog.
I've added a page for scientific papers about Blastomycosis. - Reference List
To see the latest mentions of Blastomycosis in the news, visit this section of our message board: Blastomycosis in the News