Blastomycosis, or "blasto" for short, is a fungal disease found in humans, dogs, and other mammals - occasionally cats. It is commonly misdiagnosed, often as cancer, Valley fever, Lyme disease, and other viral infections.
I have put together this site in memory of my Golden Retriever, who is believed to have died from Blastomycosis. I am collecting all the information I can find about this fungal disease.
I hope that over time you can submit your information and stories to make this a major blastomycosis resource center for anyone who maybe recently diagnosed, or who is suffering from its effects.
The message board here is quite active. Please use feel free to use the message board to share your stories, photos, memories of blastomycosis victims.
Latest Posts on the Message Board
- Different Brands / Countries of Origin for Sporanox
- Prednisone - to give or not to give??
- What happens when meds start to work?
- Our success story and extra itraconazole
- Any Relapse success stories?
- Cheap (sort of) fluconazole at CVS
- Trouble Accessing Site???
- Newly diagnosed; what can I expect??
- Crash after 5mos of treatment?
- Dog 1 week into Blasto meds and still feel helpless
- Newly diagnosed-- not sure vet is giving right dose
- Relapse question
- My dog got Diagnosised with Blasto 3/3/14 steps I'm taking any info or recomm
- Black lab's back legs semi-parilized
- A Poem i wrote to help - I lost Stewie this weekend to Blasto
- A Poem I wrote - I lost my Stewie to Blasto
- Help lost,sad and confused
- Westie in his first week of blasto treatment - just got seizure?!
I've added more references to the references page thanks to a submission of resources from an Infectious Diseases Coordinator.
Charlie's owner Bob sent in two videos of Charlie's coughing and hacking, and Charlie's x-rays. Unfortunately Charlie did not survive Blastomycosis. See them here: Charlie
I've added a chat box for anyone who wants to chat with other people who are online at the same time - Blastomycosis Chat Room
I'm working on a case database - View Case Database
I've added a page for scientific papers about Blastomycosis. - Reference List
To see the latest mention of Blastomycosis in the news, visit this section of our message board: Blastomycosis in the News